Become a Medical Assistant
The NIMAA program is focused on helping medical personnel from other countries, who are not able to practice medicine in this country, gain employment in the medical field in the Lancaster community. Together with BB&T Bank and the Lancaster County Community Foundation, we are providing 5 scholarships to candidates who meet the qualifications for the course.
Facts about the NIMAA Program:
- NIMAA is a seven-month program with online learning and onsite experiences for approximately 25 hours per week.
- NIMAA uses live and recorded online instruction, interactive materials, and lively discussion groups; NIMAA takes advantage of the latest in educational technology.
- NIMAA provides a parallel externship experience where students observe and apply skills under the supervision of licensed medical professionals
- NIMAA includes a formal customized education and mentoring program to provide personalized support throughout the program.
- Lancaster Health Center is working together with the Literacy Council of Lancaster to provide English Language instruction throughout the program.
- NIMAA graduates will receive support in taking national medical assistant examinations through the National Healthcareer Association.
- It is a goal of Lancaster Health Center to employ the graduates who have completed the program. Employment will be based on competency for the job of medical assistant.
For more information about the program, contact Paula Wilson, NIMAA Coordinator, at email@example.com.