Lancaster Health Center charges fees for the healthcare services we provide. There are numerous payment methods that assure services are affordable. We care for patients with no insurance, commercial insurance, Medical Assistance* or Medicare.
*Patients qualify for Medical Assistance and Marketplace Insurance if they meet income, resource, and other eligibility requirements. For assistance with enrollment in Medical Assistance, CHIP, or Marketplace Insurance, please call our Social Work department at 717-299-6371.
Lancaster Health Center is a Participating Provider with:
- Amerihealth VIP
- Freedom Blue
- Geisinger Health
- Gateway Medicare Assured
- Cigna HealthSpring (formerly Bravo)
- Amerihealth Caritas of PA
- Gateway Health Plan
- UPMC for You
- United Healthcare Community Plan for Families
- Aetna Better Health
- Capital Blue Cross
- Health America/Health Assurance
- TRICARE & United Concordia
If you are not sure if your insurance covers our services, please contact us to speak with our Billing Department at 717-299-6371.
Sliding Fee Discount Program
Lancaster Health Center provides healthcare services to all, regardless of one’s ability to pay. Our Sliding Fee Discount Program offers a discounted rate or nominal fee for medical and preventive dental services offered at our facilities based on household income and size.
Please contact us to schedule a private appointment with a social worker to determine Sliding Fee Discount Program eligibility by calling 717-299-6371.
Please bring the following:
- Proof of identification: Photo ID such as driver’s license, state ID, or passport for all adults included on the Sliding Fee Discount Program application
- Proof of identification: Photo ID or medical insurance card/s for all children included on tax return
- Proof of income of those included on the Sliding Fee Discount Program application
- Utility bill (UGI, PPL, or cable) for verification of address
- 1040 form (income tax return)
- 2-4 most recent pay stubs (2 pay stubs if paid bi-weekly, 4 pay stubs if paid weekly)
- Letter/record of employer that includes the address and phone number of the company
- Proof of unemployment benefits
- Award letter from SSI/SSD benefits
- Letter of denial from Department of Public Welfare
- Proof of assistance from another non-profit organization [501c (3)] such as a Church, United Way Organization, etc.