Lancaster Health Center charges fees for the healthcare services we provide. There are numerous payment methods that assure services are affordable. We care for patients with no insurance, commercial insurance, Medical Assistance* or Medicare.
*Patients qualify for Medical Assistance and Marketplace Insurance if they meet income, resource, and other eligibility requirements. For assistance with enrollment in Medical Assistance, CHIP, or Marketplace Insurance, please call our Social Work department at 717-299-6371.
If you are not sure if your insurance covers our services, please contact us to speak with our Billing Department at 717-299-6371.
Sliding Fee Discount Program
What is the Sliding Fee Discount Program?
The Sliding Fee Discount Program is available to all Lancaster Health Center (LHC) patients with income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. These guidelines take into account your annual household income and household size. This Sliding Fee Discount Program is available for both uninsured AND insured patients. We apply the discount to visit costs, deductibles, coinsurance, and prescriptions through our 340B partnership with Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy and CVS Pharmacy. You are responsible for all remaining charges after we apply the discount.
How do I apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program?
You must share your household size (including you, your spouse, and all dependents) and provide documentation of income for all household members. You can apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program during registration at any appointment. Please bring income documentation to your next appointment and tell registration staff that you would like to apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program.
What counts as documentation of income?
- Federal 1040 Form (from your income tax return), if applicable (from last year) or
- One month of current pay stubs (paystubs must be from within the last 3 months) or
- Unemployment stub (from current year) or
- Letter from employer on company letterhead (from current year) or
- Award or benefit letter. Example: SSI/SSDI benefits (from current year) or
- If you have none of the above, a letter of reference from a 501(c)(3) organization. Example: Church, United Way Organization, etc. (from current year)
- If you are unable to provide any of these forms of income documentation, please ask a LHC staff member for help
How long does the Sliding Fee Discount last?
You must reapply every year for the Sliding Fee Discount Program.